Last updated April 10th 2019
Who processes your personal data, and where?
We do not knowingly collect or process data from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years old.
The information we gather
At various times you may give your personal data to us. For example, in order to send a booking request or inquiry from you to a property owner or manager, we may need to know all or some of the following: your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, your current location, and, in the case of a listing, a method of payment. You may also give personal data to us at other times, such as when registering on the Site or when submitting a listing for a property. We also receive your personal information when you set up financial account information for payment processing. We may also gather information from cookies or web beacons. You can find out more about how they operate in the relevant section of this policy below. We also collect IP addresses, mobile device identifier details, your location, navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the Site, homes you viewed, what you searched for, the duration of your visit, and other details of your activity on the Site. If you ask us to connect with other sites (for example if you ask us to connect with your Facebook account) we may get information about you that way too. In connection with electronic communications we facilitate through a Site, we use electronic or manual checks to monitor such communications for trust and security purposes. For further details on how we collect personal data, see Surveys and Communications below. We obtain data from you either by you inputting your personal details, by the automatic collection of information about you as you use the Site, when we speak to you, or from third parties. Third party information may include financial information from our payment processor partners that we use to update our records and to prevent and detect fraud, information from your mobile provider if you are accessing the Site over a mobile device or information from a third party such as a social media or travel opinions site where you have asked us to share your data with them.
How we use your personal data
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal data is to provide you with the services you request and those which we believe will optimize your use of the Site. You agree that we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For the services provided on the Site or to support your request;
- To contact you from time to time with user or service updates;
- To send other messages that help us provide our services on the Site;
- To assist people you have done (or have agreed to do) business with. For example if you are an owner and a traveler who has booked or inquired with you needs your details we may pass them on. If you are a traveler and an owner you have booked with needs to contact you we may give them your details;
- To customize, measure, report on and improve our services, content and advertising;
- To promote services related to the Site or those of our associates;
- To compare information for accuracy, update our records, and verify it with third parties;
- To prevent, investigate or prosecute activity we think may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful; and
We collate statistics about site traffic, sales and other commercial information which we pass onto third parties to assist us with improving the services we provide to you. We also use demographic information to tailor the Site and we share that information with third parties so that they can build up a better picture of our customer base and general consumer trends.
If you are a property owner or manager, we may also display your phone number on the listing itself so that travelers may contact you and to restrict fraudulent behavior. We may also contact you about your account and your use of our services.
How We May Disclose Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to enforce our policies, or where we are permitted (or believe in good faith that we are required) to do so by applicable law, such as in response to a request by a law enforcement or governmental authority, or in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, people and other rights or interests.
We may also share your personal data with:
- One of our partners if you’ve requested their services or if you’ve requested to be provided with information by them;
- Another member if you have done business with them;
- A third party performing services on our behalf, such as to process payments;
- Companies associated with and external agents associates of 99 Muses; or
- Other companies or business entities, for example if we are thinking of a merger with or sale to that company or business entity;
- Other companies we work with to feature all or part of the property listings or otherwise provide promotional or other services related to our business. This might include featuring your listings and photographs on other websites;
- Any third party you have asked us to share your personal data with – such as Facebook if you have asked us to connect with your Facebook account; or
- Any legal or governmental entity pursuant to a subpoena or other legal request, or as necessary to remit certain taxes in the course of processing payments.
You may have accessed our Site through a hyperlink from the website of one of our partners. If so, you consent to your personal details and purchase information, including behavioral patterns, being shared with that trading partner in accordance with our contractual relationship with them.
We (99 Muses) and our associates may offer different communications from time to time intended to enhance the services we or they offer. Users may cancel their subscription to these communications at any time, although it may take a short while for the changes in your preferences to become effective.
We also use surveys to collect information about our users. From time to time, we request users’ input in order to evaluate potential features and services. The decision to answer a survey is completely yours. We use information gathered from surveys to improve our services.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information Once We Have It?
We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by the Site reduce our vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains your responsibility:
- To protect against unauthorized access to your use of the Site;
- To ensure no one else uses the Site while your machine is logged on to the Site (including by logging on to your machine through a mobile, Wi-Fi or shared access connection you are using);
- To log off or exit from the Site when not using it;
- Where relevant, to keep your password or other access information secret. Your password and log in details are personal to you and should not be given to anyone else or used to provide shared access for example over a network; and
- To maintain good internet security. For example if your email account or Facebook account is compromised this could allow access to your account with us if you have given us those details and/or permitted access through those accounts. If your email account is compromised it could be used to ask us to reset a password and gain access to your account with us.
You should keep all of your account details secure. If you think that any of your accounts has been compromised you should change your account credentials with us, and in particular make sure any compromised account does not allow access to your account with us. You should also tell us as soon as you can, so that we can try to help you keep your account secure and if necessary warn anyone else who could be affected.
If you have asked us to share data with third party sites, however (such as Facebook) their servers may not be secure. Payment card and bank account information is generally stored by our payment processing partners and we contractually require them to keep that data secure. We also use third parties to help us optimize our Site flow, content and advertising (see below).
Note that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we engage, the Internet is not secure. As a result others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
What are Cookies, Web Beacons and Clear GIFs and Why Do We Use Them?
You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. We want to be open about our cookie use.
We gather and share information concerning the use of the Site by property owners and managers and travelers with one or more third-party tracking companies for the purpose of reporting statistics. To do this, some of the pages you visit on our Site use electronic images placed in the web page code, called pixel tags (also called “clear GIFs” or “web beacons”) that can serve many of the same purposes as cookies.
Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use web beacons to recognize you when you visit the Site and to help determine how you found the Site. If you would like more information about this and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit: the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website, http://www.aboutads.info/, or the Network Advertising Initiative’s website, http://networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
Phishing or False emails
If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us or a property owner or manager that requests personal information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a “phisher” or “spoofer.” We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. Please contact us at Customer Support if you get an email like this.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are Serbian resident Serbian law permits you to request certain information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us and our related companies to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please use the contact information below.
How do I correct or update my information?
If you are a property owner or manager, the best way of seeing any personal information processed by us is to log on to your account by using the ‘Owner Login’ tab at the top of the screen. You can see your basic details and correct or update them there at any time to suit you. We also want to give you the opportunity to identify any inaccuracies in any other information we hold about you. Where possible, if we’re told about the inaccuracy of any personal information, we will make appropriate corrections. You can ask to see, update or amend any information we hold on you by contacting us using the information below. We may not be able to delete your personal information without also deleting your user account. You will not be permitted to examine the personal information of any other person or entity. In order to verify your identity, you may be required to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete personal information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
We will honor any legal right that you have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable state, or national law (outside of the Serbia), please contact us using the information below.
How do I opt-out of receiving marketing communications from you?
We will contact you from time to time for marketing purposes through mail newsletter. Unless you have opted out, this could include contacting you by phone or email.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by the following means:
- Contact us at Customer Support;
- Follow the instructions included in each communication or newsletter;
- Use the Unsubscribe function; or
- Mail the request to us at 99 Cvijiceva street, 11.000 belgrade, Serbia.
Please remember that if you change your preferences it may take a short time for those preferences to become effective.
How long will we keep your personal data?
How do I contact you?
Uses of Our Trademarks or Logos.
There are limited ways in which a member may use our trademarks or logos in connection with a listing without specific prior written authorization. The following are general guidelines. It is usually permissible for you to refer to 99 Muses or the name of one of our affiliate websites on which you list your property in a descriptive manner in your listing on the Site or in other permissible communications. For example, you might say “Check out my vacation rental on 99muses,” or “I list properties on Site.” However, you may not refer to 99 Muses or any of our affiliates in any way that might lead someone to believe that your company, property, listing or site is sponsored by, affiliated with, or endorsed by 99 Muses or one of our affiliates. For example, you may not say “99 Muses sponsors my vacation rental,” or describe your property as “99 Muses’s best vacation rental.” You may not use the 99 Muses name or one of our affiliates’ names on any other website that lists vacation rentals without our prior written authorization.
The 99 Muses name and logo and those of the associates, partners and our affiliates are trademarks or registered trademarks in the Serbia and other jurisdictions around the world. We generally do not permit the use of our names and logos, other than as described above or with our prior written authorization. If you want permission to use our name and/or logo in any other manner, including, without limitation, on any website, business card, signage, t-shirt, etc., or if you have other questions, you may visit 99muses.rs.